So I awoke this morning with a fresh outlook on my quest and after venting to my super supportive sister, Breeze, and best friend, Katie, I sat down at the computer and did a little research. I decided ultimately on Sunflower Bike Shop in Lawrence. Not only were they extremely helpful on the phone, but I left a piece of my heart in that town. It dawned on me, what better place to make such a meaningful purchase? I jumped in the jeep and an hour later found myself in the good graces of Steele and all his bicycle expertise. It was a tough choice between the Trek 7.1 and Specialized Globe Vienna, but after a couple cruises down 8th street I knew the Vienna and I were meant to be. Sunflower hooked me up with a $25 store credit and free tune-ups, plus excellent warrenty coverage. What more could a girl ask for?
So here it is folks...the grand introduction of my new baby, the 2009 Specialized Women's Globe Vienna 1, in all her gorgeous glory!
Features for the bike enthusiast...
- Lightweight A1 Premium Aluminum trekking frame features ergonomic and stable geometry with low standover height for added security.
- Women's Body Geometry Comfort grips with integrated bell (!!) prevent hand pain and tingling fingers.
- Triple-chainring Shimano crankset provides ample gearing for climbs and descents.
- Nimbus 700x35c tires give a well-cushioned ride and feature Flak Jacket anti-puncture protection.
- Women's Globe saddle features our scientifically proven Body Geometry design, which provides added protection for your soft parts
- The Shimano Acera rear derailleur gives sure, precise shifts.