WIN for KC and the Women's Triathlon Green Team are taking strides to make this race an eco-friendly event!
Some of the efforts to reduce our carbon footprint include:
- Paper reduction through online registration
- When paper materials are necessary, all printing is done on recycled paper using soy ink
- Encourage carpooling to race course
- Recycle all plastic bottles, cardboard, and aluminum cans
- Use of biodegradable materials for pasta dinner, pancake breakfast, and at the aid stations
- Utilize race supplies from local sources
- Educate race participants on living green
- Where possible, provide post-race fruits that are organically and locally grown
- Provide food scraps from the event to local farmers for composting
- Use cleaning products that contain the Green Seal certification
Just another reason why I'm a proud participate in the WIN for KC Triathlon!!!
We're 8 weeks away folks!!