Friday, July 10, 2009

It’s just putting it all together…

As I chatted with Leslie last night on our plans for the Smithville run through on Saturday (Paradise Point, Sailboat Cove at 9am ladies) we were cracking up discussing our “readiness”. Les and I mention that we are doing reasonably well with our training – i.e. running one day, biking another, etc… however it’s just the small detail of PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER!

As we are now about three weeks out (see countdown below) the nerves are starting to set in. She and I both have adopted an attitude of “what’s the worst that could happen? So we walk.” I don’t know if this is defeatist, but for now it sounds like a good enough mental strategy to keep me going.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed that we all feel super energized and ready to go after tomorrow. Maybe the sight of Matt in the rowboat will be enough to get us through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment